Today in MJJ HIStory  

Posted by Majical Child in , ,

1996 - Michael performs a concert at ANZ Stadium in Brisbane, Australia attending 39,000 fans.

T.V. Interview with Ian "Molly" Meldrum

On coping with fan hysteria:
“I know it’s all love and it makes my heart very happy and I like to give back, you know, through however I can give and it puts a smile on my face to see all the children and all the teenagers and the adults, the demographics. It makes my heart very happy. I love them, I love all the fans very much.”

On his philosophy of ‘staying at the top’:
"[…] I think, being humble and believing in yourself and having true love in your heart for the world, and really trying to help people through lyrics and the love of music and dance, because I truly do love people very much."


On relaxing:
“[…] I am a workaholic. I don’t relax, really, I don’t sleep a lot, I like to continually…my mind never stops. I’m always creating. I never stop. But I love a good water balloon fight or, you know, playing around, goofing off, [playing] Nintendo games, arcades.”

On negative press rumors:
“It’s very sad. I just want the fans to know and to understand that is not the truth. 99.9 percent of it is not the truth. And don’t read it, don’t believe it, it’s garbage. It’s tabloid junk, I mean, they just simply make it up for greed and money. So, please, don’t listen to it. It’s trash.”

On horror-sci-fi-fantasy writer, Stephen King:
“Stephen King is a very gentle, sweet, kind man. I mean, the profile that we see…the books, with his works…he’s nothing like that. He’s very humble. […] A lot of people judge me the same way. I’m pretty simple…I love to create. I love to make magic. I love to create the unexpected. You know…And Stephen, he’s just wonderful, he’s not bizarre or strange or weird. He’s a loving person.”
2002 - Between the 19 and 29 of November, 2002, the "Siegfried & Roy's" celebrity auction takes place, for which Jackson donates an autographed plush bear, benefiting "Opportunity Village" (NGO in charge of the life-expectancy issues of mentally challenged people and their families) with 5,000 dollars, including a jacket auctioned for 16,000 dollars at the "Bambi Charity Event" in Berlin, Germany, on November 21.

2005 - Michael & the kids stay at the Al Bustan Palace Hotel in Muscat.

This entry was posted on 19 November 2010 at Friday, November 19, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...