Today in MJJ HIStory  

Posted by Majical Child in , , ,

1970 - The Jackson 5 perform a concert Jacksonville, Florida during the winter tour

1992 - Michael perform 7th of 8 dates at Tokyo Dome in Tokyo during the Japanese leg of Dangerous tour attending 45,000 fans.

2001 - It was announced that Michael will attend the "American Music Awards" next year, and be awarded with the "Artist of the Century Award".

2006 - Michael, along with Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson & Raymone attends the public funeral of James Brown held at the James Brown arena in Augusta (Georgia) and makes a short speech.

Brown died of heart failure at an Atlanta hospital on Christmas Day at age 73. More than 8,500 fans and admirers of James Brown filled the James Brown Arena in the singer's hometown of Augusta, GA, for a final joyful and sometimes tearful farewell to the soul legend.

A tearful Michael Jackson along with the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and comedian-activist Dick Gregory were among those who took turns at the podium to celebrate the life and legacy of the one and only-Godfather of Soul.

Michael Jackson said: "James Brown is my greatest inspiration. Ever since I was a small child, no more than like 6 years old, my mother would wake me, no matter what time it was, if I was sleeping, no matter what I was doing, to watch the television to see the master at work."

The King of Pop continued: "And when I saw him move, I was mesmerized. I've never seen a performer perform like James Brown. And right then and there, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life because of James Brown. I love you ... James Brown, I shall miss you and I love you so much. And thank you for everything. God bless you."

The singer's body was placed in a mausoleum on the property of his Beech Island, SC, home.

This entry was posted on 30 December 2010 at Thursday, December 30, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...