Today in MJJ HIStory  

Posted by Majical Child in , , , , , , , ,

1971 - The first of two appearances of the Jackson 5 on the Flip Wilson Show was broadcast. They performed a medley of hits I Want You Back / ABC / The Love You Save/ Never Can Say Goodbye


1972
- The Jackson Five appeared on "Soul Train." performing That's How Love Goes, I Want You Back, Corner Of The Sky, Daddy's Home, Lookin' Through The Windows


The Jackson 5 on their first European tour in Munich, Germany.

1977 - Michael attends Andre McArdle's birthday party.


1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Detroit, Michigan

1995 - Michael Jackson premiered his single "Earth Song" on the German game show "Wetten Dass?".

1996 - Stranger In Moscow was released as the fifth and final single from Michael's album HIStory.


Michael Jackson announced that he and a friend, Debbie Rowe, were expecting a child, but he denied that the couple had used artificial insemination and that Rowe had been paid to carry the baby.

News broke that Debbie Rowe is carrying Michael's first child. [Liz Smith reported in her column in the San Francisco Chronicle as follows: "Congratulations and good luck to Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe, the woman who is reported to be carrying his first child."]

1999 - The Court of Appeals of Milan has rejected the appeal of Italian songwriter Albano Carrisi, and confirmed the lower court's judgment in favor of Michael Jackson and Sony Music, in a lawsuit involving Jackson's hit song "Will You Be There." Al Bano claimed that Jackson copied his song "I cigni di Balaka" (The Swans of Balaka). In November of 1997, the Tribunal of Milan ruled that there was no plagiarism, and Al Bano appealed.

2001 - HITS magazine featured Michael on their cover.



2004 - Jackson issues a message gratitude to his fans on his official website, for their support throughout the attempts of defamation made against him by means of the child abuse charges from December, 2003. The message states: “To my loyal fans and supporters, I would like to sincerely thank all those who have spoken out and taken action against the most recent attempt to defame me as a person and an entertainer. My team has told me of the thousands of calls that have been made and the thousands of emails that have been sent by you, on my behalf. I am so grateful and inspired by you all. To my fans in the UK, I want to you to know how touched I was to hear about the demonstration in London that took place on October 31st and the thousands of people that attended. I am so overwhelmed by these beautiful expressions of love from my fans. Thank you. Recently, I have been informed that there is an event being planned for me, by the fans, to take place in New York very soon. I wanted take this opportunity to thank these fans from the bottom of my heart for your love and support. As always, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANK YOU FOR NOT BEING AFRAID TO SPEAK OUT. God Bless, Michael Jackson”.

This entry was posted on 04 November 2010 at Thursday, November 04, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...