Today in MJJ HIStory  

Posted by Majical Child in , ,

1995 - Michael invites the media to see him rehearse for the HBO special 'Michael Jackson: One Night Only' at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
Michael appears onstage with mime, Marcel Marceau.



1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Burswood Dome in Perth, Australia attending 18,900 fans.

1999 - "T.V. Guide" Magazine Interview

On being disconnected to past achievements:

“[…] It’s sad to get caught up in the past. That’s why I don’t put awards in my house. No gold records, no Grammys. They’re in storage. I don’t like to be puffed up with pride, ‘cause I’d feel I don’t have any more things to reach for. And that’s not true.”

On who his audience is:

“I don’t know. I just try to write wonderful music; and if they love it, they love it. I don’t think about any demographic. [The record company] tries to get me to think that way, but I just do what I would enjoy hearing.”

On disguises and lack of privacy:

“I do disguises for different reasons. I like to study people – be like the fly on the wall. Even if it's two old ladies sitting on a bench or some kids on a swing. Because I don't know what it's like to fit in an everyday life situation. One time I was in a record store, completely disguised, and these girls were pulling out my album, talking all about me. I was literally next to them. It was wonderful. I loved it. But if I go out as myself, I can't have fun. People always say, "Why don't we just go to a party?" Soon as I step in, the party's over – for me. It's a party for them, but they are all putting their cards on my face, saying, "Remember me? I met you four years ago at…" and I say, "I don't remember." So I can't enjoy the experience. They play all my songs. I didn't come to hear my music. And everybody starts chanting "Dance!" "Well, I want to see you dance for a change."

On being erroneously portrayed by the media:

“[…] The press has made me out to be this monster, this crazy person who's bizarre and weird. I'm nothing like that. […] All I can do is be myself and create from my soul. But they take that and manipulate it. […] God created animals and they are loving, they are beautiful. I feel the way anthropologist Jane Goodall does, or any of those naturalists. I don't find my interest in animal weird or strange at all.”

On his children and fatherhood:

“[…] [Reading about me not being my children’s father…] That's total garbage. It's just trash and not true. […] Prince tells me all day that he has to make movies. So I bought him this video camera. I say, "What are we doing this time?" He goes, "Star Wars." So we put some figures on the table, make them move. And Paris is just now starting to talk and walk. She's very sweet. And I'm surprised she loves dolls. My sister, Janet didn't like that sort of thing. She was a tomboy. I thought she was going to be like that but she isn't. [I change their diapers and feed them]. I love it. It's a lot of work. I thought I was prepared, 'cause I read everything about child rearing, but it's so much more exciting than I ever imagined it to be. The only regret I have is that I wish I had done it earlier.”

On whether or not he is happy and the sources which make him happy:

“I usually am happy. I don't let anything get me down, no matter what. I like to hear the sound of water and birds chirping and laughter, you know. I love all the real natural, innocent things. I would never go to a party or a club. I did that when I was a kid, and I don't care to do it anymore. […] I always have [felt that I can’t live without children], 'cause I would feel I have nothing to live for. […] I wouldn't care [living for myself or my creativity]. Everything I create is inspired by that kind of innocence. And nature, it's eveything. It has to be. I mean, that's it.”
On his plans for then approaching millenium:

"[…] [Releasing "I Have This Dream"]. It’s a millenium song about the world and the environment that I co-wrote with Carol Bayer Sager and David Foster."

Michael Attends Fund-Raiser

Saturday night, December 4th, Michael Jackson attended a fund-raiser for Whitney Houston's charitable foundation at the Marriott Marquis hotel in Times Square, New York.
Fox News broke the news. In their release, they state: "Michael made small talk with Whitney and hubby Bobby Brown, then took a center seat and stayed to watch performances by everyone from Petula Clark to Whitney herself. (...) New York radio star Frankie Blue, who later got an award from the foundation, said in his thank you address: 'Michael, I will always be there for you. Let's have a tour and an album in America.'"

This entry was posted on 04 December 2010 at Saturday, December 04, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...