Today in MJJ HIStory  

Posted by Majical Child in , , , , , , ,

1974 - The Jackson 5ive perform at Sorano National Theatre in Dakar, Senegal.

"Dancing Machine" from the Jackson 5 1973 album G.I.T.: Get It Together was released.
The group's first US Top Ten hit since 1971's "Sugar Daddy", "Dancing Machine" reached #2 on the Billboard pop music charts and #1 on the R&B charts. It bought The Jackson 5 their second Grammy Award nomination in 1975 for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, losing to Rufus and Chaka Khan's "Tell Me Something Good".
"Dancing Machine" was also the title track of their 1974 album Dancing Machine released in 1974 as a remix for a response to the success of the single.
Recorded in 1973 at the Motown Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California.

1979 - On their 10th anniversary in the music business, Soul Train and The Jacksons celebrated with a Jacksons special. They performed 'Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)' and 'Things I Do For You', Michael performed 'Push Me Away'.

1990 - Michael Jackson is offered the "Role Model Award" from Japan. He accepts the award via satellite.

1992 - Michael held a press conference at Radio City Music Hall in New York to announce plans for a new world tour to raise money for his newly-formed "Heal The World" Foundation - which, beside "Camp Ronald McDonald" and "Make A Wish Foundation", battles against AIDS and Juvenile Diabetes.

After descending the opulent staircase at Radio City Music Hall to the accompaniment of his song "Black or White," Michael joined Peter Kendall, vice president for Pepsi-Cola Int. in announcing the $20 million deal, which was the largest ever between a corporation and a music entertainer.

Dressed in black leather and a red armband, he informs on the creation of "Heal The World Foundation", the mission of the foundation being that to provide rescue to world-wide children; protection against abuse; caregiving; to deliver medicines for children and fight world hunger, as well as to convey awareness on children’s rights and necessities, and improve world’s life standards.

Before the kick-off of his Dangerous World Tour, Michael signed a Pepsi endorsement deal in front of the media.

At the press conference, he issues a statement in appreciation for the sponsor of this new tour - the Pepsi-Cola Corporation:

"Good afternoon. I like to thank the Pepsi-Cola Corporation for sponsoring the Dangerous Tour, which we plan to kick off in June. The only reason I’m going on tour is to raise for the newly formed, Heal The World, an international children’s charity, that I’m spearheading to assist children and the ecology. My goal is to gross one hundred million dollars by Christmas, 1993. I urge every corporation and individual who cares about this planet and the future of the children, to help raise money for the HTW charity. The Heal The World Foundation will contribute funds to pediatric aids in honor of my friend, Ryan White.

The "Heal The World Foundation" will also offer support to such worthwhile organizations as Camp Ronald McDonald, Make A Wish Foundation, Children Diabetes, Minority Aids Foundation and other charities. I’m looking forward to this tour, because it will allow me to devote time to visiting children all around the world, as well as to spread the message of the global love, in the hopes that others too will be moved to do their share to heal the world. Thank you for coming. I love you very much. Thank you, all."

After his speech, The St. Thomas Boys' Choir sing "Heal The World", which touches the singer: "When I composed the song, it was my dream to hear it performed the way they just performed it, with such innocence and beauty. It took everything to keep me from crying", declares Jackson.

1994 – Michael Jackson is on the Cover of Bravo Magazine (Germany). The inner article is entitled: “Michael: Die Alptraum ist vorbei!” –The nightmare is gone


2003 - The controversial “Living With Michael Jackson” documentary conducted by British journalist, Martin Bashir first aired in the United Kingdom on ITV. The interview will air later all around the world... and a storm began.

He interviewed Jackson over a span of eight months, from May, 2002 to January, 2003, the documentary containing much commentary by Bashir, which was very critical and judgmental of Jackson. Jackson's decision to make the documentary was made on a suggestion by his then friend, Uri Geller.

Michael spoke openly about money, plastic surgery, his childhood, Prince Michael II and much more.

But instead of portraying Michael in a fair way, Bashir tried all he could to twist things in the wrong way.

However, most of the viewers did not fall for Bashir... after the interview viewers all around the world expressed their support for Michael.

The interview was a rare occasion for Jackson to allow such access to his personal life, thus felt all the more betrayed by Bashir’s negative portrayal of him. As a consequence, he soon issues the following statement:
"I trusted Martin Bashir to come into my life and that of my family because I wanted the truth to be told. Martin Bashir persuaded me to trust him that his would be an honest and fair portrayal of my life and told me that he was `the man that turned Diana's life around'. I am surprised that a professional journalist would compromise his integrity by deceiving me in this way. Today I feel more betrayed than perhaps ever before; that someone, who had got to know my children, my staff and me, whom I let into my heart and told the truth, could then sacrifice the trust I placed in him and produce this terrible and unfair program. Everyone who knows me will know the truth which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child. I also want to thank my fans around the world for the overwhelming number of messages of support that I have received, particularly from Great Britain, where people have e-mailed me and said how appalled they were by the Bashir film. Their love and support has touched me greatly."

2006 - Michael, Grace & the kids leave Florence and go in the Neapolitan Riviera resort of Sorrento where they stay in The Villa Savarese.

2007 - Michael attends the Beatles Love musical, and meet the cast backstage at The Mirage in Las Vegas.

This entry was posted on 03 February 2011 at Thursday, February 03, 2011 and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

dgorgo  

Martin Bashir totally did MJ an injustice in doing the interviews in that he did not repor the truth. Journalists have always been so unfair to Michael and I cannot understand why. He was the most kind, considerate, compassionate person ever. When are certain individuals going to realize that.

February 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...